Things To Do In Cesky Krumlov?
- Stroll through the streets and enjoy plenty of shopping.
- Visit the Cesky Krumlov Castle and even tour the tower
- Look for the bears in the Bear moat surrounding the castle.
- Eat Trdelnik
- There are a few museums, but we did everything that was free and loved that you could pretty much wander where ever you wanted.
- There is no shortage of places to eat, but we were not there for a meal, only Trdelnik.
I had two friends tell me we needed to stop here as we were planning our trip. Turns out we were driving right by on our Central Europe trip, so it was perfect. Plus it was a great way to break up our driving day from Linz, Austria up to Prague. Even after all they had told me, I still wasn’t prepared for what we saw. It’s like a fairy tale town.The buildings have their architecture painted on and the castle is complete with a bear moat. The streets were very small, the doorways are short and when we were there we had the place nearly to ourselves as the weather was not the best. We layered up and took it all in anyways.
What we discovered:
- Every single thing is in English.
- Even though the exchange rate was 20 to 1 things are not as cheap as they were 20 years ago. They have caught on to the tourism and taking advantage of it.
- You can see pretty much everything in about 2-3 hours. It’s small enough you can take it all in well. The castle tower was not open when we were there, it was just too cold. We were there in late spring.
- Trdelnik – a scrumptious pastry that we couldn’t get enough of. I am excited that we have found a food cart here in Portland, OR that has it.
- It was a favorite town of many in our group of 10.