It’s been over year since we have been on a roller coaster. It was last June right before my back surgery. It was so much fun, but it’s been way too long.
We are in the process of figuring out annual trip that we take every year with our kids. Lucky for us the park we are visiting is located in sunny California and it’s open all year long. It has fewer hours in the off season, but it’s still open.
The plan right now is to head back to Six Flags Magic Mountain in early November for a few days. Here are the reasons we are choosing this park and that time frame ::
- It’s one of the few parks open this time of year.
- It has the most roller coasters of any other park.
- It has a new ride we have not been on.
- We always go during the off season, keeps us from having to use a Flash pass
- With kids in high school trying to work around sports, activities and work gets trickier. This is between sport seasons.
- It’s an affordable time to fly. It’s not yet the holidays and it’s no longer summer.
- We will probably really enjoy getting out of the rain into the sun for a few days by then.
So we start the process of watching airfare, figuring out tickets and hopefully using Hotwire to get us a deal on hotel and car. I really like where we stayed last time.
Stay tuned as we put this together, hopefully affordably.