We have had a ton of rain this winter and spring. So finding something to do in Portland when it’s raining has been high on our list. Here is a list of 20 plus things you can do in Portland when it’s raining.
- Blitz – With games like pool, air hockey and shuffleboard you can have a great time. They have 13 beers on tap and a pretty decent menu, although it’s typical bar food. Right next door is Little Big Burger. Grab a bite there first then head over to drink your beer and play your games. Get there early because this place packs out.
- Nicoli’s – Eat, Drink, Bowl, Play – This is an upscale bowling alley with video arcades as well. You can even rent rooms with 2-3 lanes for private parties.
- Big Al’s– for bowling and food. Great place for kids parties.
- Jimmy Maks for Jazz music and good food.
- Check out the Peculiarium
Comedy clubs ::
- Comedy Sportz – good or all ages, although they also have later adult shows. We used to go all the time, but haven’t been lately.
- Harvey’s Comedy Club
- Curious Comedy Theater – I have been to this venue and had a great evening.
Cool Movie Theaters ::
- Living Room Theaters – This is the best dinner and a movie experience in Portland.
- McMenamins – they have multiple buildings that they have purchased over the years. These also offer the dinner and a movie experience. They are also so spread out over Portland and the suburbs that you should find one near you.
- Pittock Mansion
- Childrens Museum
- Portland Art Museum
Most Portlanders don’t even realize that it’s raining and will just grab a raincoat and shop at one of these trendy outdoor places
- NW 23rd
- Woodburn Company stores.
- Shop indoors at Lloyd Center Mall while the kids enjoy ice skating in the mall.
- Powell’s Books – Yep, with one square block of books, they should have what you are looking for. It’s the largest new and used book store in the world. Don’t worry it’s a typical Portland establishment and it does have a coffee shop attached.
- Southwest Community Center – Indoor water park in SW Portland
- North Clackamas Aquatic Park
- Go to a Spa – they are a dime a dozen here in town.
- Oaks Park Roller Rink
Grab a Bite to Eat ::
- I do like to eat, so finding a place to eat and watching it rain works for me. I often refer to Urbanspoon for reviews, but I also have lots of info at EatingMyWayThruPortland.
- Check out one of the many Breweries in town. Portland is known as the micro brewery capital of the U.S.
- Enjoy one of Portland’s Urban Wineries.
- Enjoy a Food Tour
It does rain quite a bit here, so you will also find people doing what they would do any other day. We just roll with the punches, but all these indoor activities are sure to please you and keep you busy until it lets up.
Sometimes just driving a little ways can make all the difference so check out 5 Great Day Trips from Portland
What’s your favorite thing to do when it rains?